The electric transition will be dramatically boosted by the infrastructure bill and sustained due to the eventual cost of ownership parity that will be driven by technological advancements. In fact, to witness an example of how quickly the transition will take place, one only needs to examine the school bus market where it is predicted that the majority of new buses sold by 2030 will be electric.
IC Bus and the NEXT eMobility Solutions team are helping school districts everywhere make the transition to electric. With a 5C approach to providing the foundation of eMobility, we collaborate with stakeholders to successfully implement and deploy electric vehicles.
- Consulting, using experts in commercial bus engineering, charging infrastructure, telematics and more — we help customers plan, execute and optimize zero-emission vehicles and investments for the entire lifecycle.
- Constructing the vehicle, taking advantage of Navistar's world-class commercial vehicle manufacturing capability.
- Charging, with solutions designed and delivered to each customer through new partnerships.
- Connecting, using advanced solutions including Navistar's OnCommand® Connection telematics and remote diagnostics platform, to monitor vehicle performance and provide support through the International® and IC BusTM service networks, the most extensive in the North American commercial transportation industry.
- Conserving recycling, repurposing and remanufacturing batteries to find environmentally-friendly end-of-life options
Potential customers also have the opportunity to visit the NEXT Experience Trailer as it travels throughout the country. To schedule a visit, click here: https://www.navistar.com/our-path-forward/zero-emissions/next-mobile-experience
Within the trailer, customers will find:
- Electric Vehicle augmented reality
- Products and specifications
- The Bench
- The 5 Cs of electrification
- NEXT team mission
- Video Learning Library